Monday, June 24, 2013

Birthdays and Geraniums

Two weeks ago we celebrated the girl's birthdays with a barbeque at home, just to keep it fun and laid back.  At age three Claire does not do well when the spotlight is on her, even though she was still so excited to have 'her' birthday party.  (Although we kept having to remind her it was Amelia's birthday party too).  This, obviously, is the first year we really had to wrap our brains around the fact that Claire and Amelia have the SAME birthday.  It was different for sure, we made a big deal of singing both of them 'Happy Birthday' the day of and they each blew out their own candle.  I think Claire is still a little confused about the whole thing, especially since she's at an age where she is really just discovering that birthdays are AWESOME and everybody has one to themselves.  Oh wait, except her and her sister, sorry!!

I used the Geranium dress pattern again, by Made by Rae and made both of the girls birthday dresses.  I just love love love that pattern, and I really cranked them out this spring!  I would love to use this pattern to make them a tunic as well.  I didn't get as many great pictures of Claire at the party, hosting people is so busy I barely remembered to get the camera out at all and Claire was so hopped up on cake and ice cream and fun she would not stand still so I got a lot of motion shots.  Amelia, the sitter and butt scooter that she is was much more cooperative.  I got the fabric for Claire's dress at my favorite Alewives, and Amelia's fabric at ZFabric, for both of them I really wanted a delicate, floral pattern, and I love both fabrics. 



 I had this red ric rac which I couldn't resist for Amelia's dress!
 I love how Claire ate a whole wheat muffin for her first birthday, and had no party.  Here is Amelia devouring a sugar-butter-frosting filled cupcake! 



1 comment:

  1. Great dresses! Laughed out loud at the whole wheat muffin vs. sugar-butter-frosting filled cupcake line. :)

    ReplyDelete