Thursday, March 27, 2014

Parsley Pants for Claire

These are definitely some dated photos, but I do love the Parsley Pants pattern!  I have since made a couple other pairs, another pair for Claire and I just made both kiddos some Christmas jammie pants, the most basic version of this pant. 
I sewed these back in October I think, and even with the little add-ons like the pin tucks I added to this pair they were a breeze.  I like having a go-to pants pattern that I can tinker with for a lot of different looks.  I think that's the point of her pattern!  I loved this fabric, I think it's an Anna Maria Horner flannel.  I love sewing flannel pants for Claire each winter.  A lining would probably be great with this pattern too, this fabric leaves them a bit on the thin side for windy winter days here.  I'm sure it is relatively easy to figure out, but it's one of those things I'm not very inspired to do right now, I tend to mostly just follow the pattern to get the finished product.  But I did follow Rae's instructions and finished all the seams on this pair of pants, something my over-excited for a finished product brain could barely slow down to handle.  But it was worth it.  Ten-ish extra minutes for a professionally looking finished pair on the inside?  Definitely worth it.  As for the lining, I just throw on some tights or leg warmers underneath and she's good to go.



These pants have been worn a lot this winter.  And just barely six months later she is already growing out of them, time to let out some of the hem!

No comments:

Post a Comment