Thursday, April 10, 2014

KCW: Sheep Ice Cream Dress

Yay!  I actually finished a dress during Kids Clothes Week!  The Oliver and S Ice Cream Dress to be exact.  I sewed it with the delightful Locally Grown from Marisa at the blog Creative Thursday.  My local fabric store ZFabric carries almost the whole line and I was so excited when I saw it.  I got immediately buy-in from Claire when she saw the fabric and was equally pumped to wear a dress that had farm animals on it.  Now she is begging me to make Amelia a 'chicken dress'.  As Claire gets older I try to make sure she is going to wear the dress I make for her before I sew it (it would just be too tragic to sew something up and have her flat-out refuse it).  She was definitely waiting for this dress to be done and because of Kids Clothes Week it was done in three sewing days!  When it was done she couldn't have been more enthusiastic and gave me a giant hug and kiss and I almost cried a little.  So sweet.  She even agreed to a photo shoot outside on a windy day, and was nice enough to take off her sweater to show it off.  To fulfill my end of the bargain I had to agree to spin her around and around many times without stopping, and I did my best, dizziness and all.






No comments:

Post a Comment